ZZ plant care is very easy. Its scientific name is zamioculcas zamiifolia. This plant is one of the most popular indoor plants that used worldwide in offices and homes. This plant has attractive wide smooth dark green leaves. The leaves can grow up to 40-60 cm long. ZZ plant is a drought-tolerant plant. It can be grown in low-light conditions. The important thing about its leaves that it reflects sunlight and brighten rooms. This plant grows slowly to a height and width of two to three feet.
|Scientific Name||Zamioculcas zamiifolia|
|Common Names||zz plant, zu zu plant, aroid palm, eternity plant, money tree|
|Synonyms||Zamioculcas loddigesii, Zamioculcas lanceolata, Caladium zamiifolium|
ZZ plant roots are thick like potato-like roots, called as rhizomes. These roots store water. This is the reason why the plant does well during droughts. Hence this plant does not require frequent watering.
ZZ plant is a NASA approved air-purifying plant which can remove good amounts of toxins such as toluene, xylene, and benzene from the air.
ZZ Plant Guide
The zz plant care includes the following points.
- Light Requirements: This plant needs only bright indirect light.
- Water Requirements: This plant does not require too much water. Water this plant once it is completely dry.
- Difficulty to grow: slow growth plant
- Favourable Temperature: 21 °C (70 °F) to 26 °C (80 °F)
- Soil Requirement: This plant doesn’t need any special type of potting soil. Although you can use potting soil with good drainage.
- Fertilizer Requirement: This plant might get fertilized once a month in a month.
- How to propagate: This is easy to propagate by either division of the root ball or leaf cuttings.
ZZ plant Care
- This plant has no major mealybugs and fungal diseases problem.
- This plant is very sensitive to overwatering. It is susceptible to root rot. Water the plant once it is completely dry.
- This zz plant needs indirect bright light. You can avoid placing this plant under direct sunlight. It is the best indoor plant.