Peperomia Rosso plant is a beautiful plant because of its red color on the underside of the leaf. The leaves of this plant are pointed and has dark green colour with a blush of red, & dark green veins. It is a tropical plant. This plant contains both female and male flowers on the same spike and typically blooms under day length conditions. This plant is native of Central America, South America and Brazil.
|Scientific Name||Peperomia Rosso|
|Common Names||Emerald Ripple Pepper, Radiator Plant|
|Synonyms||Peperomia ‘Eden Rosso’, Peperomia caperata ‘Rosso’|
Normally, Peperomia Rosso plant grows upto 8 inches in height and width. The leaves of this plant are pointed and has dark green colour with a blush of red, & dark green veins. The leaves are generally 1″ – 1.5″ inch long. The foliage forms a rosette formation.
The flowers are very small, having greenish white colour. These flowers are scentless. Generally, flowers appear in the summer and spring season.
Peperomia Rosso plant needs bright indirect light. It does not tolerate direct sunlight. This plant can be placed indoors but should get indirect bright light; Fluorescent lighting is an excellent choice for this. Don’t place these plant at the dark places.
The best temperature for this plant is ranging from 13° C – 24°C (55° – 75° degrees Fahrenheit). This plant cannot tolerate extremes of hot or cold climate.
Peperomia Rosso Plant Guide
The Peperomia Rosso plant care includes the following points.
- Light Requirements: This plant needs only bright indirect light. It does not tolerate direct sunlight.
- Water Requirements: Water this plant once it is completely dry but do not over water it.
- Difficulty to grow: slow growth plant
- Favourable Temperature: 13° C – 24°C (55° – 75° degrees Fahrenheit)
- Soil Requirement: This plant doesn’t need any special type of potting soil. Although you can use potting soil with good drainage.
- Fertilizer Requirement: This plant might get fertilized once a month in a month.
- How to propagate: This plant can be propagated either by stem cutting or leaf cuttings.
Peperomia Rosso plant Care
- This type of plant are mot affected by any disease or insects.
- Another thing is that over watering this plant may damage it. Water the plant once it is completely dried.
- This plant needs indirect bright light may be sunlight or light through fluorescent tube. Try to avoid placing this plant under direct sunlight.