|15 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Android|
Android is widely used operating system for smartphones, and other devices in the world. Android is owned by Google. You can find android devices easily next to your friends. It is so popular due to its tempting feature. Android always getting better day and night. It has many versions since launched. The Latest android version is Android 7 Nougat. There is very interesting facts behind their name also.
So in this post I have collected some interesting Facts about Android.
15 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Android
1. Android was not founded by Google. Yes, this is real fact. Android operating system was founded by Andy Rubin, Chris White, Nick Sears and Rich Miner under the umbrella Android Inc in Oct 2003. Android was later acquired by Google at 50$ Million in Aug 2005.
2. Google officially launched Android Operating System in the year 2007.
3. The first Android prototype looked like a Blackberry.
4. The first Android device didn’t even have a virtual keyboard or 3.5 mm headset jack.
5. Android Operating System was initially developed only for digital cameras. After that they saw future of Android in smartphones. Now it becomes a revolution.
6. HTC Dream is the First Android Smartphone launched officially in Oct 2008. It runs on Android version 1.0 and was upgradable till 1.6. It lags some feature as compared to Nokia Symbian Operating System.
7. Android has more than a billion users. It runs over million of devices like smartphones, digital cameras, TV, watches, etc.
8. Android versions have been named after sweet treats or desserts. These are given as follows:
- Cupcake: Android Version 1.5
- Donut: Android Version 1.6
- Eclair: Android Version 2.0, Android Version 2.1
- Froyo: Android Version 2.2
- Gingerbread: Android Version 2.3
- Honeycomb: Android Version 3.0, Android Version 3.1, Android Version 3.2
- Ice Cream Sandwich: Android Version 4.0
- Jelly Bean: Android Version 4.1, Android Version 4.2, Android Version 4.3
- KitKat: Android Version 4.4
- Lolipop: Android Version 5.0, Android Version 5.1
- Marshmallow: Android Version 6.0
- Nougat: Android Version 7.0
9. Android 3.0 is the only version to never run on phones.
10. All Android versions upgrades have been following an alphabetical order in their naming. It is given below
- A for Astro (version 1.0)
- B for Bender (version 1.1)
- C for Cupcake (version 1.5)
- D for Donut (version 1.6)
- E for Eclair (version 2.0)
- F for Froyo (version 2.2)
- G for Gingerbread (version 2.3)
- H for Honeycomb (version 3)
- I for Ice Cream Sandwich (version 4.0)
- J for Jelly Bean (version 4.3)
- K for KitKat (version 4.4)
- L for Lollipop (version 5.0)
- M for Marshmallow (version 6.0)
11. Android 1.0 and 1.1 were not named after desserts. Android 1.0 was sometimes called “Alpha” or “Astro Boy.”
12. Google has given users or interested party right access to modify the source code of the Android operating system for developing applications.
13. Google offers Android to smartphone manufacturers and others without payment for its license. It is free.
14. Sony made the first Android smartwatch in the year 2010.
15. Phandroid is the first Android-focused website in the world launched on the same day of launching of Android.
I hope you enjoyed these interesting facts about Android operating system that you used in your smartphones. If you like this post then don’t forget to share with your friends on social media.